Guided tours and workshops: "A scuola nei Parchi" Project
Environmental education for schools represents one of the most important aspects of the activities carried out by Parchi della Val di Cornia SpA. The historical-landscape heritage of the park system represents a valid didactic instrument for schools. The variety of the environments and the richness of the historical evidences characterizing the area make Val di Cornia parks an interesting outdoor workshop where it is possible to learn and experiment through interdisciplinary activities.
The main educational goals are the following:
- knowledge of the historical-archaeological heritage, in order to promote the sense of identity and, as a consequence, to sensitize to the safeguard of the cultural heritage;
- knowledge of the natural resources, also considering the availability of raw materials and their exploitation by men;
- experiments linked to ancient production, to discover the techniques that have changed the relationship between environment, man, and work, shaping the economic history of this territory;
- acquisition of the fundamental principles and methodologies of scientific research (historical, archaeological, geological, and naturalistic research).
Beyond the Val di Cornia Parks
Special proposals of visit are organized in collaboration with WWF Nature Reserve "Oasi Padule Orti-Bottagone" and the "Institute for Marine Biology and Ecology" in Piombino.
Furthermore it is possible to take part to guided tours to Val di Cornia's historic centers.
Proposals of visit
The proposals to visit Val di Cornia Parks and Museums are divided into modules:
- it is possible to choose and visit one Park or one Museum or combine the visits; combined visits have reduced prices
- it is possible to enrich your visits with experimental archeology and environmental education workshops and plan activities including stays of 2 or more days
- it is possible to organize animated visits
- teachers can require personalized programs according to the specific needs of the various groups of students.
Services and structures in Parks and Museums
The Parks and Museums of the Val di Cornia provide lay-by, bookshops, parking for buses and private means of transport, restaurants, bars and hostels.
Information and contacts
Some of the below-mentioned workshops for elementary schools can also be adapted to kindergartens, so that children will have the opportunity to discover the ancient world in a simple and enthralling way.
For school or organized groups, to visit all the Parks and Museums booking is required at the Booking Office of Parchi val di Cornia: Tel. +39 0565 226445 - Tel and fax: +39 0565 226521 - E-mail: email@example.com
Click here to find all the Environmental Education Proposals (Italian text)