Parks.it Homepage

Parco Regionale dei Colli Euganei

www.parcocollieuganei.com
Local Banner for the promotion of the territory

Oratory of Anthony the Abbot

St Anthony the Abbot Oratory in winter
St Anthony the Abbot Oratory in winter

The Oratory of Anthony the Abbot, on the south-facing slope of Mt. Madonna, can be easily reached by following a path from Passo Fiorine. The Romanesque building (14th century) is what is left of a larger structure that included a bigger church, the basis of whose apse is still visible by the bell tower. The oratory, which has been recently restored, and a stretch of wall are all that remains of the ancient monastery. A will from 1215 shows that a group of monks belonging to Congregazione Benedettina degli Albi inhabited the monastery until the first half of the 14th century.

Further information

Municipality: Teolo (PD)  Region: Venetia


share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-deliciousshare-twitter
© 2019 - Ente Parco regionale dei Colli Euganei