Parks.it Homepage

Parco Regionale dei Colli Euganei

www.parcocollieuganei.com
Local Banner for the promotion of the territory

Ruins of S. Giorgio castle

Ruins of San Giorgio castle
Ruins of San Giorgio castle

The fortification already existed in 1232 to protect the territory; but it didn't last much, because at the beginning of the 14th century Cangrande della Scala attacked it and had it set on fire. In 1373 it was already abandoned, with only one tower left to testify to its original purpose.

Municipality: Rovolon (PD)  Region: Venetia


share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-deliciousshare-twitter
© 2019 - Ente Parco regionale dei Colli Euganei