Built in 1619 where an ancient small church dedicated to the Virgin
Mary's Motherhood rose, is known as a place where the Virgin Mary
appeared (a common origin of many sanctuaries dedicated to the Virgin
Mary). It is situated along an ancient trail leading to the hay harvest
places in Valdie and has always been considered a privileged place to
stop and prey.
The sanctuary was known as a place of extra-local devotion, since it was a destination for the pilgrims attracted by its miraculous properties (resurrection of non-christened babies), like the sanctuary of Madonna di Trava.
Behind the church there is the former Franciscan hermitage of Mt. Castellano (17th century), which is today a private property; for this reason, entrance is not allowed, except on particular occasions.