Interactive Map
Mostratevi online ai lettori di

Lughignano Church

Lughignano Church
Lughignano Church

San Martino parish church has Lombardic or Carolingian origins and it probably hosted a monk community connected with the monastery of Casier. It is mentioned for the first time in 1152 as belonging to the Casale rural church. In 1459 the chapels Cendon and Sant'Elena were added, but later they were detached due to the communication difficulties (they were situated beyond the Sile river). It was renovated and consecrated again in 1509, and in 1915 it was substantially rebuilt according to the project by Antonio Beni.
Of the original church only the Romanic apse and the bell tower have remained. There are three naves and a A-frame roof. It is noteworthy to mention the crucifix from the 16th century kept on the right side of the presbytery.

Municipality: Casale sul Sile (TV)  Region: Venetia

share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-twitter
© 2021 - Parco Naturale Regionale del Fiume Sile