Faina Museum was born thanks to the donation of the family archaeological collection and heritage made by Earl Claudio in 1954 to the Municipality of Orvieto which, through a Foundation, guarantees its safeguard and promotes research activities. The collection includes Etruscan-Corinthian ceramics from Caere or Vulci, canopic vases and bucchero ware, as well as a rich collection of Attic ceramics, some of which made by the greatest painters of red and black-figured vases, like Duride, Amasis, and Exekias. Three Exekias' amphorae come from Crocifisso del Tufo necropolis and witness the refined taste of the inhabitants, also explaining the reasons of the flourishing local production, as well as of figured ceramics which, like the amphorae from Gruppo Orvieto, resemble the Attic ceramics. A lot of material comes from the excavations that Luciano Bonaparte, Napoleon's brother, carried out in Vulci; this is given by the kinship existing between Faina family and the Prince of Canino deriving from the marriage between Zefferino Faina and Luciano's niece, Luciana Bonaparte Valentini. A wonderful series of lithographic pieces by Valadier coming from Bonaparte's collection are of great interest. Besides the ceramics found in the necropolis of Orvieto, Faina Museum also preserves the architectural terracotta works coming from Belvedere urban temple.