Parks.it Homepage

Parco Naturale del Gran Bosco di Salbertrand

 

Fountains

The water that has shaped and dug our Valley with its strength represents one of the most important features of the Alps and the fountains, together with the oven and the church, have always represented an essential architectural and functional element for the community. Strolling around Salbertrand, you can still admire two 16th century fountains: the first one, octagonal, dated 1525, is situated in Piazza San Rocco, upstream Via Roma, in Provençal Simadierä. The second one, halfway across the town (Medierä), is characterized by a rectangular basin decorated with hanging arches and dated 1524. The octagonal column emerging from the water includes among its decorations a castle, a lily, and a dolphin. It was reproduced and placed at the entrance of the Borgo Medievale del Valentino, in Turin, for the 1884 Italian General Exhibition, according to the project by the Portuguese architect Alfredo d'Andrade.

Location: Salbertrand (TO) Region: Piedmont
(8799)Du Milieu Fountain, period photo
Du Milieu Fountain, period photo
share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-twitter
© 2022 - Ente di gestione delle aree protette delle Alpi Cozie