Parks.it Homepage
Interactive Map
Mostratevi online ai lettori di Parks.it

Rubbianetta Farmstead

Cascina Rubbianetta
Cascina Rubbianetta

This toponym indicates an ancient village whose traces are still visible in the ruins of the castle (on the balcony above) and in the little S. Giuliano church.
Center of a wide fief which stretched up to the borders of Robassomero the village belonged to the church of Turin first, and then it was sold to powerful local families, such as the Visconti di Baratonia.
The first testimonies about the castle date back to 1264, but the remaining structures are more recent: an irregular quadrilateral surrounding wall with a tower, which has now lost its upper floors, and with openings revealing that it has been recently used as a rural building.

Further information

Municipality: Druento (TO)  Region: Piedmont


share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-twitter
© 2021 - Ente di gestione delle aree protette dei Parchi Reali