The Park Center is situated in Cà del Soldato (literally, House of the Soldier). The origin of the name of this farmstead, inhabited until 1987, brings back to memory ancient struggles. According to a legend, a soldier of the Napoleonic army headed to Russia, enchanted by the landscape and peacefulness of the place, decided to stop here by giving the name to the farmstead. However, the farmstead is already quoted with this name on a map dating back to a pastoral visit by St. Charles Borromeo in 1564, a lot of time before Napoleon. Maybe the link to the soldier dates back to the Roman period.
Cà del Soldato includes a small museum open on Saturdays and Sundays, where the visitor can observe the wildlife populating the Park and the different environments characterizing it.
The farmstead houses the group of Guardie Ecologiche Volontarie (G.E.V. - Italian text), whose functions are environmental education, surveillance, and environment safeguard measures.
Outside, it is equipped for the stop of hikers with toilets and big tables.
By previous booking and only on Sundays, the outside grills are available at the following prices: