The city quarter of Bugéber (126 mt. a.s.l.) is located in the north-eastern part of the island, above the Lago Bagno dell'Acqua, with which it forms a landscape of extreme beauty. The number of inhabitants (Bbugghievirióti) is about 100. The name derives from Abú (father) and Giabir (personal name), maybe the ancient landowners of this area. There is the typical church dedicated to Santa Chiara, built in 1570 and in which an ancient seismograph is still preserved.