The Charcoal Pile Museum
Fraz. Montalto - c/o Palazzo Simonelli
62020 Cessapalombo (MC)Municipality:
0733/1870712 - 327/6391807E-mail: email@example.com
Besides the Casa del Parco, the Visitor Center in Cessapalombo houses the Charcoal Pile Museum, dedicated to the art of charcoal-making: a traditional profession with ancient secrets. The House/Garden of the Butterflies is situated in Montalto di Cessapalombo country hamlet, and consists of three exhibit and didactic halls, as well as of a large garden reproducing the natural habitat for the reproduction of butterflies, with wetlands. Specific flower essences are documented in special descriptive and didactic panels situated along the way.
Services offered to visitors:
- information on the opportunities to visit the area of Sibillini: directions, accommodation, activities (trekking and mountaineering, mountain biking, horse riding, etc.)
- promotion and booking of the tours and interpretation activities suggested by the Park Tour Guides
- promotion of the events and activities organized by the Municipalities, local authorities, and local associations
- information on the rules of behavior to follow in the protected area
- sale of information, promotional, and commercial material regarding Monti Sibillini National Park.
Opening times: July:
open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. July and August every day (including holidays) 9.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. and 3.30 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.August:
open every day*, except on Monday
*from 5th to 13th August within the event "Taverne al Castello", open from 6.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.
For further information, please visit the web site www.sibillini.net