PAT - Traditional Agri-Foodstuffs
Production features: The product is obtained from the processing of milk coming from sheep and goats bred in a wild or semi-wild state respecting the well-being of the animal. The breeding activities are situated in the area of Pollino National Park.
- Territory: The production area is limited to the slopes of Pollino, and in particular to the Municipalities of Rotonda, Viggianello, and Terranova di Pollino
- Shape: characteristic ball shape
- Size/Weight: diam: 10-25 cm, weight from 0.5 kilos to 2 kilos
- Consistency: soft and creamy with small grains, slightly resistant
- Production period: June-September
© 2013 - Ente Parco Nazionale del Pollino