Specialties: Woodlands and Forests
Sägehüttel, 62 - Santa Geltrude
39016 Ultimo (BZ)
Municipality: Ultimo / Ulten
Region: Trentino Alto AdigeTel.
0473/798123 - Fax
0473/798079E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb: www.lahnersaege.com
It is situated in Santa Geltrude country hamlet, in the upper section of the long Val d'Ultimo. The center has been obtained from a renovated Venetian sawmill, where tree trunks were cut into boards by using the energy produced by the water of Rio Valsura.
In the building adjacent to the sawmill there is a permanent multimedia exhibit on wood and timber.
Also the nearby mill works with water. Recently renovated, it transforms wheat into flour.
The visitor center organizes, by previous booking and with a minimum number of participants, guided visits to the thousand-year old larch trees situated not far from the town of Santa Gertrude. Considered the most ancient conifers in Europe, they have witnessed the passage of dozens and dozens of generations and can be considered the symbol of the strong will of survival of nature.
From the 7th of April to the 31st of October 2015, from Tuesday to Friday, from 9.00 am to noon and from 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm. Saturday, Sunday and holidays, from 2.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
Closed on Mondays.
In April, May and June the center is closed also on Sundays and holidays.Entrance fee:
- Euros 3.00. Free for children under 6 years of age.
- Young people, students, people with disabilities, adults (from 65 years of age), groups of at least 10 persons: Euros 2.00
- Family card (2 adults with children under 14 years of age): Euros 7.00
- Family card (1 adult with children under 14 years of age): Euros 4.00
- School groups with teacher: Euros 1.50/person
- Guided visit (for groups of at least 10 to a max. of 25 persons): Euros 10.00 plus entrance ticket. Booking required.