In our territory, 16 irrigation ditches with a considerable flow derive
from the river Oglio: 9 on the left bank, 7 on the right bank. They are
still used today. Their creation can be traced back almost exclusively
to the period going from the 13th to the 16th century. Let's follow the
irrigation ditches in geographical order, from north to south.
The most important one on the left bank is called Fusia: it develops at the end of the lake and runs for the whole length of the left bank up to Palazzolo, where it forms three branches. The important work was carried out thanks to the initiative of Oldofredo Oldofredi in 1347.