Parco fluviale del Po tratto vercellese/alessandrinowww.parcodelpo-vcal.it
e Riserva Naturale del Torrente Orba
The Park Facilities
Information, didactics, and fruition: three words to sum up what the Park offers to its visitors. You will find specific information in the pages of this web site dedicated to Visitor Centers, Points of Interest, Itineraries, and Guides and Publications.
How to Get There
The Po Vercellese/Alessandrino River Park can be
reached very easily since car and railway connections are organized
very well. The ideal solution is train+bike, which allows visitors
to transport the bike on the train up to the Park, and once they reach
the Park, to visit it by using the most suitable "means of transport"
to discover the many aspects of the river. Take highway A4
(Torino-Milano: exit Chivasso), A7 (Milano-Genova: exits Casei
Gerola and Castelnuovo Scrivia), A21 (Torino-Piacenza: exit Alessandria) and A26 (Voltri-Sempione: exits Novi Ligure,
Alessandria, Casale Monferrato). Take SS roads to get to the Area.
In order to make the river banks more comfortable to visitors, equipped
areas for picnics and stops have been created. They are the following,
considering the course of the river Po from the west to the east:
- Rocca: In Verrua Savoia (TO), in the direction of Crescentino, on the right before the bridge (Cycling track no. 8 "In bici sul Po").
- Porto: In Fontanetto Po (VC), from the SS 31bis in the direction of the river by following the indications for the "Porto natante". (Cycling tracks no. 7 and no. 8 "In bici sul Po").
- Piagera: In Gabiano (AL), from the country ward Piagera, for the Cycling track no. 8 "In bici sul Po", up to the river bank near the ferry landing place.
- Pobietto: In
Morano sul Po (AL), from SS 31bis between Trino and Morano, following
the junctions with different indications to Cascina Pobietto.
- Portietto: In Pontestura (AL),
beyond the town in the direction of the river, you can reach it both
from the west and from the east along the Cycling track no. 5 "In bici sul Po".
- Argine: In Frassineto Po (AL), beyond the town in the direction of the loc. Passo di Frassineto and the river, along the Cycling track no. 3 "In bici sul Po".
- Pennello: In Bozzole (AL), from the embankment in the south of the town, along the Cycling track no. 3 "In bici sul Po".
- Grana: In
Valenza (AL), beyond the town (eastern side) on the stream Grana in the
direction of the river Po and of the loc. Vecchio Porto.
- Orti: In Bassignana (AL), from the town towards the river along the Cycling track no. 2 "In bici sul Po".
© 2013 - Ente di gestione del Sistema delle aree protette della Fascia fluviale del Po - tratto Vercellese/Alessandrino e del Torrente Orba