The Romanesque Sanctuary was ruled by Canonici di Vezzolano till 1468, then by Lateranensi till 1798, by the Serviti till 1801, lastly by Minori Francescani from 1820 till 1992. Now it is ruled directly by Curia of Casale, which owns the Sacro Monte. The church is dedicated to Maria Assunta. It was enlarged in 1483 by Marquis of Monferrato Guglielmo Paleologo and in 1608 - 1612 by Lateranensi. The façade was restored in 1735, between 1890 and 1913 and in 1953. The mosaic dates back to 1953 (Dalle Ceste). The church consists of a nave and two side aisles. It houses important works such as La Madonna con Bambino e Santi, the autographic painting by Macrino d'Alba (1503); the cycle of frescoes representing the Storie di Santa Margherita d'Antiochia (16th century); the effige della Vergine, a wooden statue of 15th century; a wide collection of ex voto; the Via Crucis and the ambos by L. Bagna.
In the Park Offices there are a multipurpose room, a library and green areas for didactic exercises in the open air.