Ferdinandea - Marmarico Waterfalls
- Departure: Ferdiandea
- Arrival: Cascate del Marmarcio
- Duration: 5 hours (round trip)
- Difficulty Level: intermediate
- Length: 14 km
- Difference in height: 323m
- Water: get supplies at the beginning of the trail
- Access: A3 exit Serre – Go ahead towards Serra San Bruno and continue to Monasterace; at the junction to Ferdinandea turn left and go ahead for a few kilometers. From SS 106, from Monasterace at the junction to Stilo go ahead towards Serra San Bruno; at the junction to Ferdinandea turn right and continue for a few kilometers.
Marmarico waterfalls are formed by river Folea which, together with torrent Ruggiero, gives origin to fiumara Stilaro. The name should mean "slow" and it may refer to the impression given by its waters falling down towards the valley.
© 2013 - Ente Parco Naturale Regionale delle Serre