- A7 Milan-Genova, to get to the southern area: exit Gropello Cairoli, on the SP road 596 on the right bank, to visit the stretch between Vigevano and Pavia. Or toll booth in Bereguardo, for the area between Pavia and Abbiategrasso.
From Bereguardo, easy slip road to Pavia.
- A4 Milan-Turin, to reach the central area of the Park. Exit at the toll booth Boffalora Ticino (near Magenta: the best of the Naviglio Grande), or Galliate on the bank of Piedmont, most comfortable towards Turbigo, Lonate Pozzolo (SP road 341 towards Castano Primo - Gallarate).
- A26 Genova Voltri-Gravellona Toce, to the northern area of the Park. Junction with A8, exit Castelletto.
- A8 Milan - Laghi, junction with A26 exit Sesto Calende to Lago Maggiore area.
From Milan several roads branch off to reach the Ticino:
- SS 35 Milan-Pavia: leading to the southernmost section of the Park.
- SS 494 Milan - Alessandria: leading to Abbiategrasso and Vigevano.
- SS 11 Padana superiore: linking Milan to Novara, leading to Magenta and to the southern area of the Park in Piedmont.
- SS 33: leading to Gallarate, Malpensa, and Lago Maggiore.
Other useful roads to move in the area:
- SP 527 from Busto Arsizio to Oleggio.
- SS 32: leaving from Novara, it runs parallel to the river up to Castelletto Ticino.
- SP 341 Gallaratese: it crosses the bridge over the Turbigo and connects Novara with Castano Primo.
- SS 526 Est-Ticino: it enables to follow the river, on the bank of Milan, from Magenta to Pavia. The travelling times, over medium-short distances, are not too long, but they can change during the rush hour or during the holidays.
- Pavia, on the FS Milan-Genova line
- Abbiategrasso or Vigevano, on the FS Milan-Alessandria line
- Magenta or Trecate, on the FS Milan-Turin line
- Malpensa, on the connection cin with the airport
- Vanzaghello, Castano Primo,Turbigo on the Ferrovie Nord Milan-Novara line
Information about the timetables on the web site: regione.lombardia.it/trasporti
The FS carry out the service Train plus Bike on several trains: this
service allows to load on the coach a bike at the price of about 3.6
Euros. Several stations are available for this service.
- There are a number of connections,
above all during the week days. For information, please contact the
Province of Milano which publishes the bus lines timetables: Tel.
Or directly ask for the timetables to the bus line offices:
- Ani Tel. 0321/472647
- Atinom Tel. 02/4046446
- Fontaneto Tel. 0321/391601
- Migliavacca Tel. 0382/525858
- Sgea Tel. 0382/513511
- Stav Tel. 0381/22089
- Sva Tel. 0381/325024
Atm of Milan has a web site for its timetables: www.atm-mi.it
© 2022 - Parco Lombardo della Valle del Ticino