Center of interest
28062 Cameri (NO)
Villa Picchetta in Cameri is the exclusive Park Authority Head Office. Dominating Ticino Valley, it was already mentioned in some 16th century documents. It is enriched by three gardens, the Octagon Hall with its frescoes, and the Eastern Hall with an imposing fireplace. The historical building, purchased in 1989 thanks to the contribution of Regione Piemonte, was in the past the noble residence of an ancient rural settlement, Cascina Picchetta, formed by rural buildings and the villa, situated in the middle of the settlement and distinguishing itself for the exclusive architectural features. It became the Park Authority Head Office in January 2001. The building has a "U" structure, with towers at the corners and a dome cladding with skylight in the middle. The rich and grotesque decorations of the Octagon Hall are still well preserved, as well as the decorations of the western Portico, with landscape paintings.
According to period documents, we know that in 1575 Lucrezia Cioccara, a noblewoman from Milan and wife of Francesco Cid, acquired some estates, including "la Ghisolfa cum domo dicta la Pichetta". The estate, with its woodlands, meadows, and vineyards, included rural houses, a big stable, caissons, and a noble villa called "palatium", today the Park Authority Office. In the 17th and 18th centuries, the 15th century nucleus was enlarged. Later, the estate passed from the Cid family to the Jesuits, since it was inherited by Lucrezia's grandchild. In 1779, with the suppression of the Order, the estate passed to Natta d'Alfiano until 1833, when it was sold once again. For further sales or inheritances, it passed to several owners, until 1989, when it was purchased by the Park.
The Villa, after the restoration of the architectural parts and the gardens, not only houses the Park Authority Offices, but also several events, including meetings, concerts, exhibits, projections, and other cultural initiatives.
From spring to autumn, according to a calendar planned every year, on Sunday afternoon the halls at the ground floor and the gardens are open to the public and to free visits, also with the possibility of guided visits. Moreover, itineraries you can follow by bike or on foot leave from the Villa.
The Villa can be reached from the town of Cameri (NO) taking Via Picchetta from the Sanctuary of Madonna di S. Cassiano and following the road signs. It offers car park at 150m and, in the surroundings, catering and accommodation structures, as well as a horse-riding center.
Opening times: 18th April, 25th April, 2nd May, 30th May 2010 (2.30 p.m. - 6.30 p.m.)
Entrance fee: Free admission and guided visits to the villa and the gardens.