The Parco della Valle del Serio Morto extends for about 4 km along the Serio Morto canal, that is a water course which was rectified in the 1930's and still flows in the river valley of the former Serio course. The present canal crosses the remaining old river bends characterized by an interesting flora typical of the wetlands.
The right bank of the river is particularly interesting because of its high edges (8 to 10 meters) sometimes covered with a thick arboreal flora. In the left bank of the river a sort of little island rises from the flood plain deriving from the centuries-old erosions and floods. Both the old river banks and the valley bottom are shaped by little halfway terraces which further change the landscape.