Parks.it Homepage

Riserva Naturale Regionale di Bergeggi

Interactive Map
Mostratevi online ai lettori di Parks.it

The Town and Art of Bergeggi

Panorama
Panorama

Everyone visiting the village of Bergeggi is enchanted from the so-called "carruggi". They are narrow and closed streets, characteristic of the Ligurian landscapes, and described several times in the lyrics by Montale.
Another characteristic wonder of the village are the "e miagge" (dry-stone walls) which are considered one of the main symbols of Bergeggi, a direct evidence of the effort and of the work of man who, adapting to a dry land with steep slopes, built the terraces which made it possible to cultivate olive trees, vineyards, and other products. To complete the itinerary, we suggest a visit to the Church which, according to the tradition was built after the passage of San Martino di Tours, to whom it is dedicated.
The ancient 16th century church was entirely renovated at the beginning of the 18th century, while the baptistry and the main altar date back to the 19th century. It has one nave, with six lateral chapels and barrel vaults. Among the works of art, we quote the holy-water stoup dating back to 1581, the 16th century altar piece with Madonna del Rosario between San Domenico and Caterina by the Tuscan painters and a Crucifix by Anton Maria Maragliano (1738).

Province: Savona Region: Liguria


share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-twitter
© 2021 - Comune di Bergeggi