Bosco della Frattona Reserve Visitor Center
Environmental Education Center in Sante Zennaro complex
Via Pirandello, 12
40026 Imola (BO)Municipality:
The Center represents a reference point for the planning and implementation of activities focusing on the education to sustainability and to the knowledge of the environment.
It is recognized as "Service and consulting center for autonomous school institutes of Emilia Romagna recognized for the school year 2012/2013 with decision no. 8240 of 19.06.2012 of the Head of the Education Service of Region Emilia-Romagna, according to what established by DGR no. 262/2010 and modified by DGR no. 2185/2010".
Its multipurpose halls give the opportunity to carry out scientific research, observation, and experimentation activities, as well as information and cultural elaboration on environmental issues.
- "Spazio Accoglienza": welcome point for groups of students and visitors in general. It also includes an information point called "Sportello Verde".
- "Spazio Incontri/Videoteca": multipurpose area characterized by equipment that can be managed according to the various meeting activities organized (meetings and projections for didactic activities dedicated to school groups and visitors).
- "Spazio Laboratorio": an adequate scientific equipment gives the opportunity to practice handling, observation, and discovery activities to carry out experiments and surveys on materials and finds that have been collected outdoors. The didactic support materials available are various: audiovisual material (naturalistic videos), didactic toys, experiment kits, scientific instruments (stereo microscopes, microscopes...), various workshop material to carry out scientific experiments and much more.
- "Spazio Naturalettura": dedicated to both adults and children, it includes books, texts, journals, audiovisual material, and software offering ideas to thoroughly discover some issues in a pleasant and stimulating way.
- "Spazio CreAttivo": didactic hall furnished in an experimental and innovative way, studied also to promote the creativity and participated planning of the students/visitors within the suggested educational routes.
- "Spazio back office": dedicated to the technical-scientific activities of planning, coordination, organization, management, and documentation of the activities, as well as to the analysis, elaboration, and diffusion of data and information in the field of environmental research and sustainability.
Opening times: Open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9.30 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
© 2013 - Provincia di Bologna - Comune di Imola