It gathers the water mains of the Municipal Aqueduct of Turin, providing the town with the excellent water coming from the springs of Piano della Mussa (1,742m).
They had been purchased in 1896. Their water arrived in Turin, in Statuto square, on 24th June 1922.
The bridge is 71.40m long and 3m wide. The Municipality of Lanzo was against its building, for environmental reasons. The project was finally accepted and carried out - 97m downstream Ponte del Diavolo. If it has not entirely avoided an environmental damage, it offers a good prospect view of the 14th century monument, enhancing its linear architecture and its bold arched silhouette.
At the beginning of the bridge, along the mule track leading to S. Rocco, the water of Pian della Mussa springs from a small fountain inaugurated in 1973 (6th Celebration of Piedmont).