The legendary Prunent is a local wine whose presence in
Ossola has been historically proved since 1300. It has very characteristic
features which are linked to the territory and the vine. It has a
bright color, red with strong orange reflexes. It has an intense and
fascinating perfume, full and fairly tannic, harmonious and spicy in
its aftertaste. It is suitable for the second dishes with meat and
game, and tasty cheese.
- Production area: Grapes partly coming from an ancient vineyard situated in Pello country hamlet
- Vine: 100% Prunent. Given the similarities of this vine with Nebbiolo, it must be considered its clone.
- Production for each hectare: about 50 quintals of grapes
- Return of the grapes into wine: about 60%
- Vinification and refinement: Fermentation in steel basins for about 8 days. It is subsequently
preserved in steel containers until the following spring, when it is
refined in small French oak barrels where the second fermentation takes
place (natural reduction of acidity). The refinement in wood takes
place in the ancient cellars of Cà d'Maté (Matteo's House) in Oira di
Crevoladossola and it is completed with some months of ageing in the
- Analytic characteristics:
Percent alcohol: 13.33%Vol.
Residual sugars: gr./lt. 1.70
Total acidity: 5.30%
© 2013 - Ente di gestione della riserva naturale speciale del Sacro Monte Calvario di Domodossola