Inaugurated in 2003, the Park Center, managed by LIPU, consists of a meeting hall, a didactic lab, and an exhibit space. It offers a calendar of educational and didactic events, you can find all the initiatives on the web site
. It is a wooden building at the disposal for all the actions regarding sustainability, within the project of Agenda 21
The Training and Environmental Education Center, inaugurated on 8th November 2003 and dedicated to the ecologist Alex Langer, was born from the will of the Municipality of Cesano Maderno, LIPU, and Consorzio Parco Groane
to promote environmental education and sensitize visitors to these issues in the highly urbanized and industrialized context of the area in the north of Milan where the nature sanctuary is situated. The creation of this important structure has been possible thanks to the co-financing of the Municipality of Cesano Maderno, Fondazione Cariplo, and LIPU: the building is ecological, entirely made with timber, provided with solar and photovoltaic panels. In these years, many people - in particular pupils - have come to discover the Nature Sanctuary and LIPU.
The Structure consists of:
- reception, working as Visitor Center of LIPU Nature Sanctuary, where it is possible to find information on the Sanctuary, Groane Park, and Municipality of Cesano Maderno
- small shop with LIPU products and gadgets
- conference hall, with 70 seats, used for meetings, conferences, and training courses
- multimedia hall, periodically housing exhibits. Here it is possible to thoroughly analyze environmental issues thanks to the small library with specialist texts and magazines. Moreover, there are some multimedia corners enabling visitors to have a look at the several works published by LIPU - mainly CD-Rom - together with the municipal administration and the schools of the town of Cesano Maderno
- didactic lab, equipped for environmental education activities to carry out both with school groups and visitors in general.