Parks.it Homepage
Interactive Map
Mostratevi online ai lettori di Parks.it

Geovolcanological Itinerary

atária, Grazia, Bukkurám, Sibá, Bugéber, Lago Bagno dell'Acqua, Khattibuáli, Cala Cinque Denti, Khaggiár, Gadír

By bike Car         Great Interest: Geology 
  • Length: 18 km
  • Difference in height: Uphill 584m - Downhill 587m

The island of Pantelleria represents the emerging tip of a volcanic complex of which about 28% has emerged, while the remaining 72% is located below sea level, up to a depth of about 1200 m. The birth of the volcano is linked to the formation of a large area of distensive in the Strait of Sicily with NO-SE trend. This "rifting" has been active since the Late Miocene and accompanied by widespread volcanic activity mainly concentrated in the NW area of the Strait of Sicily.

Further information
 
 
 
share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-twitter
© 2021 - Ente Parco Nazionale Isola di Pantelleria