The Aveto Park, in Tigullio inland, protects one of the most beautiful and important areas in the Ligurian Apennine. The territory is divided into three valleys: Val d'Aveto, Val Graveglia e Valle Sturla with their distinctive features and their remarkable nature.
The Environmental Education Center of Aveto Park, recognized by the Ministry of the Environment as "Experience Center", is part of the Environmental Education Regional System consisting of a network of centers working on the territory and coordinated by C.R.E.A. (Environmental Education Regional Center). It organizes several didactic and tourist activities in the Park:
Further information on the regional environmental education network can be found on the website www.ambienteinliguria.it in section "sviluppo sostenibile" (sustainable development)
At School in the Park
The Environmental Education Center offers several activities dedicated to kindergartens, elementary, middle, and secondary schools. The great variety of environments present in the Park gives the opportunity to thoroughly study several aspects linked to nature, history, architecture, etc.; moreover, thanks to the collaboration of several local companies, it is possible to develop projects regarding the cultivation, local products, food, typical handicrafts.
In Rezzoaglio there is the Museo del bosco (Museum of the forest), a small Visitor Center dedicated to the forest (Ph. +39 0185 343370) where it is possible to take part to didactic workshops about the recent and past history of the forest and its importance for biodiversity.
In the Park there are some guest houses for environmental tourism stays:
1. In loc. Bocco Pass, at the foot of the wonderful beech tree wood of Mt. Zatta, there is the Guest house "A. Devoto" (Ph. +39 0185 342065), with about 40 beds;
2. In loc. Zanoni, between mountains and sea, there is the Guest house "Malga Zanoni" (Ph. +39 345 0225175), with 21 beds;
3. In loc. Casermette del Penna, in the wonderful forest of Mt. Penna, there is the Guest house "Casermette del Penna" (Ph. +39 0185 1676495), with 25 beds;
4. In loc. Prato Mollo, in the Park wildest heart, there is the Guest house "Monte Aiona" (Ph. +39 338 7759510), with 24 beds;
5. In loc. Ventarola, in the ancien hamlet at the foot of Mt. Ramaceto, there is the Guest house "Ventarola", with 12 beds and kitchen area.
How to participate
To participate in the proposals, you should fill in and send by e-mail the registration form that can be downloaded here below. Then, you will be contacted by the CEA operators.
Cost of the activities:
Half day: 4 Euros/pupil
Full day: 6 Euros/pupil
2-hour classroom lesson: 50 Euros/class (50% reduction on the lesson if you combine it with an excursion)
- On the school behalf, transport, room and board.
For further information: Via Marrè, 75/A - 16041 Borzonasca (GE) - Ph. +39 0185 343370 - Fax +39 0185 343020 - E-mail: email@example.com (Contact: dott.ssa Annalisa Campomenosi)
Click here to find all the Environmental Education Proposals (Italian text)