Parco Naturale del Gran Bosco di Salbertrand

nome fotografia1
(photo by Gran Bosco di Salbertrand)
nome fotografia2
Rhododendron in bloom (photo by Gran Bosco di Salbertrand)
nome fotografia3
Baite Arguel (photo by Gran Bosco di Salbertrand)

Nature and Culture in Upper Susa Valley

It is situated on the right side of Val di Susa (Northern Cottian Alps) and extends from 1,000m above sea-level to 2,600m. It was established in 1980 to protect the local luxuriant vegetation, in particular firs and the wide range of larches and Swiss stone pines. The 70% of the area is covered with woodlands, while the remaining 30% is covered with pastures and high-mountain grasslands. The Park houses over 600 vegetable species which create a great variety of habitats. The wildlife is extremely rich with about 70 species of nesting birds and 21 species of mammals, among them roe deer, deer, and chamois. The Park Authority has always been combining the protection of the environment with the preservation and enhancement of the material and immaterial culture of its own community and since 1996 it has been managing Colombano Romean Ecomuseum, work and traditions in Upper Susa Valley.

share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-twitter
© 2024 - Ente di gestione delle aree protette delle Alpi Cozie