S. Stefano d'Aveto: the main center of Val d'Aveto since the early Middle Ages and a mountain health resort in the middle of an alpine valley dominated by Mt. Maggiorasca, the highest summit of the Ligurian Apennines. The castle, which has been recently restored and is now open to the public, lies in the center of the town. It was built in 1164 by Malaspina, to watch over the pass leading to the Po Plain.
Rezzoaglio: a long feud belonging to Della Cella family, it has always had a trading vocation, since it lies along an ancient road linking the coast to the plain; next to the parish church, you can admire the bell tower which, with its 52 m, is the highest one in the valley.
Borzonasca: town where the Park Authority headquarters are situated, it lies at the confluence of the streams Penna and Sturla; a few kilometers far from the center, there is the most significant monumental complex of the whole area: the Abbey of Borzone, dedicated to S. Andrea, founded by the monks of S. Colombano and rebuilt in the 13th century. It is national monument since 1910.
Mezzanego: a town of Roman origins, it is formed by more nuclei; among these, Prati, a well-preserved historical nucleus and Borgonovo, founded in ancient times along an important commercial way crossing Bocco Pass, which is still today a comfortable and beautiful communication way with Parmense.
Ne: the only Municipality of the valley, with municipal seat in Conscenti where, from May to October, on Saturday morning there is a street market for the direct sale of the products of local agriculture. Some historical town centers are interesting for their good conservation status, in particular in the country hamlets of Nascio, Cassagna, and Statale.
Province: Genoa Region: Liguria