Parco Regionale dei Colli Euganei
Local Banner for the promotion of the territory

Abbey of Praglia

Abbey of Praglia
Abbey of Praglia

Via Abbazia, 7 - Praglia Teolo

The name of the abbey comes from the Latin word "pratolea" (meadow), referred to the vast meadows surrounding the monastery. Around 1100, Paduan aristocrat Count Maltraverso di Montebello began building a palace, thus starting the history of the abbey. Throughout the Middle Ages, this was a very important Benedictine centre and, being still inhabited by monks, it can be visited only partially.

Further information

Location: Praglia di Teolo  Municipality: Teolo (PD)  Region: Venetia

share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-deliciousshare-twitter
© 2019 - Ente Parco regionale dei Colli Euganei