It is a semi-cooked cheese obtained from raw milk and maturing from 1 to 2 months. It has a light rind and a slightly compact texture.
- Production Techniques: milk is heated up to 36°C. Rennet is then added, and the curd is broken into walnut-size pieces. Afterwards, it is heated to 45°C. The product is put into molds that are pressed to favor the whey drainage.
- Packaging: wrapped up in food paper, it is available in 200 grams, 1 kilo and over packages.
- Conservation and use: keep in the fridge.
- Sale Network: staff shop.
- Production Season: available all year round.
© 2013 - Parco Lombardo della Valle del Ticino