Maria and Franco Mountain HutAltitude: 2,577m aslMunicipality of Ceto (BS), Adamello Park
Open from 20th June to 20th September
"Maria e Franco" is a real mountain hut welcoming 38 guests (a big dormitory with 30 beds and a dormitory with 8 beds), offering accommodation and catering service.
Ideal if you are looking for peacefulness and silence, it is surrounded by an intact natural environment where it is possible to meet wild animals - wild ibex, chamois, ermines, marmots - or enjoy the flight of eagles, partridges, alpine choughs, ravens: you will enjoy the wonderful view of Adamello, Caré Alto, Tredemus, Re di Castello, Val di Dois up to Iseo Lake.
Paying great attention to environmental impact, the mountain hut:
- is provided with 1 Kwp photovoltaic installation
- takes part in the project of Adamello Park
"Rifugi differenti" (Different Mountain Huts) for the separate collection and disposal of waste, with transport to the valley bottom by helicopter at the end of the season
- joins the project "Albergo Verde" for the ecosustainability of the accommodation structures of the Park
, including the use of biodegradable materials, detergents with Ecolabel (environmental quality label), time taps to reduce water waste
- has obtained the territorial Label of Adamello Park
Situated in a pass between two valleys, Maria and Franco Mountain Hut has several access trails and gives the opportunity to exploit some ring-routes. It is a lap of the famous trail no. 1 - Alta Via dell'Adamello.
Here you are some itineraries:
- 1st Itinerary - Ceto
From Ceto in direction Case di Paghera: from here, along trail no. 37, you will cross the wild Val di Dois (4.30 hours).
Return journey: along Alta via no. 1 crossing Bocchetta Brescia along an equipped trail, going beyond Termine Pass, Mt. Listino, Mt. Monoccola and along the downhill trail no. 37 back to loc. Case di Paghera (8 hours). Along the way, you will find several buildings of World War I.
- 2nd Itinerary Valle di Saviore Loc. Rasega
From Valle di Saviore take trail no. 20 - 20A leading to D'Arno Lake. Walk along the dam up to the end, where trail no. 89 leaves. This trail leads to the Mountain Hut (Nature Reserve area) (5 hours).
Return journey: for the return journey there are two possibilities:
- from the Mountain Hut along trail no. 1 up to Campo Pass, following trail no. 20 up to Loc. Rasega (5 hours)
- from Campo Pass, follow Alta Via dell'Adamello no. 1: here the most beautiful and interesting stretch for the panoramas and the buildings of World War I begins, with an equipped and exposed trail to follow with attention, equipped with rope and snaplink up to Lissone Mountain Hut. Taking the downhill trail no. 15, you will reach Loc. Rasega (8 hours)
- 3rd Itinerary Cimbergo - Malghe del Voleno
Following trail no. 16 up to bivouac Macherio - situated at the foot of the spectacular granite walls of the Tredemus - go ahead up to Forcellino di Tredemus, taking the downhill trail no. 16: going ahead, you will reach the foot of Mt. Frisozzo and, taking the uphill trail, you will reach Maria and Franco Mountain Hut (5 hours).
Return journey: from the Mountain Hut, follow trail no. 1 for a short stretch, continue then along trail no. 89 up to D'Arno Lake. Cross the dam where trail no. 22 dei tre Fratelli leaves, leading to the town of Paspardo and going ahead to Cimbergo (6 hours).
- 4th Itinerary Malga Bissina Dam (Val Daone - TN) - D'Idro Lake - Madonna di Campiglio
From Malga Bissina Dam along trail no. 22 to Campo Lake and to Campo Pass. Along trail no. 1 up to Maria and Franco Mountain Hut.
Return journey: from Maria and Franco Mountain Hut along trail no. 1, Campo Pass to Lissone Mountain Hut up to Ignaga Pass. Go ahead up to Malga Bissina, Lago di Mare, and CAI Cassano.
Maria e Franco Mountain Hut has obtained the Marchio collettivo del Parco