Santa Chiara Restaurant, in the heart of the historical town center of the ancient Guardiagrele, joins the project with several initiatives, among which nice naturalistic walks to discover the herbs we can use at table. Thanks to the passion for the mountains and the plants, Gino Primavera suggests dishes prepared with autochthonous varieties, like orzotto with curly broccoli and pea beans, solina sagnarelle à la Guardiese, spelt soup with curly broccoli and mezze fave, etc.
- Closed on Tuesdays
- On holiday during the last week of June and the first of July
- Average price of a complete menu: Euros 25-30 except wine.
- No. of seats: 65.
- Recommended by the following guidebooks: Osterie d'Italia slow food 2002-03-04-05-06-07, Fuoricasa 2002, Espresso 2003-04-05-06, Guida Piccinardi 2004-05-06-07, Guida delle guide 2005-06-07, Golosario 2005-2006 by Paolo Massobrio, "Ristorante Tipico" certification, Guida Touring club 2006-07, Gambero Rosso 2007.
- Public car park in the surroundings.
- The restaurant premises have been obtained from a 1829 workshop.
- Owners: Gino Primavera, gastronomist and Food Science teacher in the Hotel Trade Institute of Villa Santa Maria, Scotti del Greco Domenico, Chef graduated in the same Institute, and Valerio Liberatoscioli.
Cuisine and Specialties
Cellar: 130 labels, with a wide range of wines from Abruzzi and a considerable range of national and foreign wines.
Cuisine: local cuisine, sometimes revisited, with great care for presentation details and some new features.
Local first dishes: Criòli with lard, frascarelli, lahanelle with meat sauce, Sagnarelle with lard and tomatoes, Corde di chiochie with Guardiese sausage sauce, sgattone, home-made pasta.
Second dishes: stuffed kid, snails à la Guardese, pork cif and ciaf, stuffed rabbit with potatoes.
Desserts: dry biscuits from the Guardiese tradition, spumone with almond brittle, chocolate cake, pizzelle, and black puddings.
Santa Chiara Restaurant organizes gastronomic and cultural courses and
events: courses on edible spontaneous herbs, on mushrooms, pizza,
chocolate, honey, wines and their combination; gastronomic events with
Slow Food like the annual Pork Festival, thematic meetings, meetings
dedicated to cuisine, art, and culture. In August it also organizes the
festival of the characteristic Guardiese cuisine.
Some dishes prepared with the products of the network "Coltiviamo la Diversità
Orzotto with curly broccoli
and pea beans
Ingredients: Caprafico pearl barley, curly broccoli
tips, late pea-beans
Jam Tart with "Roscioletti" or "Pacentrana" figs
Ingredients: "Solina" common wheat flour, "Roscioletti" figs
Your request will be sent to the operator's mailbox, who will reply to the contact details provided. The operator will be able to process your data in compliance with the EU Privacy Regulation.
By pressing "Send the request", you will accept the processing of your personal data.